Westwood Farmers Market & Rocket Fizz - Little Wigs in the ...

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, December 15, 2014

my little boys

Posted on 11:03 AM by paritory
My boys need their Mama, that's what I'm realizing more and more lately. Talmage sat at the dinner table earlier this week in tears because, in his words, "ever since September we just don't get to spend any time together." September = the start of school and yes, time has been stretched thin since then. Throw in a new sister who is a fussy-pants baby and I can see how he misses me because frankly I miss him too.

And then this morning I had to wipe the tears from Everett's round cheeks as he cried, "I don't want to gwow up. I want to wiv wif you fowevah. I onwy want to get mawwied wif you mommy." This, in response to my playful rule that he wasn't allowed to get bigger. He understood that it was a joke, but the reality of age and time were not lost on him. He spent many years as my baby and I think a part of him will always want that role.

Time is moving at a dizzy-fast pace and all I want is for more alone time with T and for Ev to get his wish of staying little forever. I love these boys till it hurts, and I'm trying everyday to help them feel how special they are.

Left: Our dark selfie from a field trip to the Big Apple Circus. /// Right: Brownie batter licking Ever.

T's class, Where's Waldo anyone?

These two created the grandest of gingerbread villages!

Left: Ev's first snow feelings. /// Right: T's first snow feelings.

They requested a picture next to Paddington in the subway. They can't wait to see this movie!

After months and months of {sometimes} patiently waiting, T was the star name at school. Their class figured out that his name has one word, two syllables and he can spell the words tale, a and age with letters in his name. He was beaming when he came home!
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • On days like today you ought to tell someone.
    The free public pop-up pool in Brooklyn was our destination this morning. We swam and played in the sand box while looking at the gorgeous c...
  • A few thoughts about who I want to be
    So...durp durp. I was pushing two screaming babes down 70th this morning thinking that maybe I should post on this blog and so I kept asking...
  • Recovering from our DC "Vacation"
    James had to take a business trip to Washington DC so we decided that the family would tag along and make a vacation of it. Haha, a vacation...
  • Botanical Garden Trains
    For years I have heard the greatest reviews of the Bronx Botanical Garden's Holiday Train Show, but tickets are a little bit outrageous ...
  • The Met: by day and by night
    We had a morning playgroup at the Met last week. We were not admitted to story time (actually, half of us were kicked out early while the ot...
  • The Cheeseburger and His Brother
    This is the cheeseburger: And this is his brother: The cheeseburger is obviously in a silly-smile stage. He cannot smile without saying chee...
  • Our Places
    Our House: Our Park (right across the street):  Our Fish: His Spaceship (AKA the closet, where he sleeps, normal right?):  His Shiner, cour...
  • Our Easter
    Hope your Easter was as relaxing, fulfilling and wonderful as ours. Sunday was spent as a family of four--eating yummy food, getting in new ...
  • The Sometimes Supermom
    I'll admit, sometimes I think I'm pretty awesome, and it happens in the most random of occasions. I'll be doing the mundane and ...
  • On being his Mary
    It was far too cold to be outside, but they were far too crazy to keep indoors. Talmage was singing the "I'm a gummy bear" son...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2015 (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2014 (103)
    • ▼  December (10)
      • Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
      • Some City Sights
      • 2014 NYC Santa Crawl
      • T's Publishing Party
      • Charlie Brown Christmas, Live at the Lyceum
      • Sicky Quinny
      • my little boys
      • Oh Christmas Tree
      • Radio City Christmas SPECTACULAR!!!
      • Thanksgiving and Stuff...
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2013 (146)
    • ►  December (19)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (13)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (17)
    • ►  March (21)
    • ►  February (12)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2012 (189)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (15)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (26)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (21)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (56)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

paritory
View my complete profile