Westwood Farmers Market & Rocket Fizz - Little Wigs in the ...

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Decking the Halls

Posted on 10:43 PM by paritory

When I was growing up, the turkey was barely put away before we were decorating for Christmas. On the day after Thanksgiving we would always go to Apple Hill to cut down our tree, and then blast Christmas music as we hung lights and ornaments. I LOVE that the month of December is filled with the magical spirit of the Christmas season, and I don't want to waste one day of it. Not.one.day. SO...the second we got back from Sacramento we started decorating. We did it little by little (we don't have tons of decorations yet...or tons of space for that matter) but it was a blast and our little house looks merry and bright!

For Family Home Evening on Monday night we decorated the Christmas tree and T was totally into it. I loved the determination on his face. And PS--we blasted Christmas music while we did it! Such a good night.


The boys.


The best picture Jim has ever taken. How cute are they?


While we were putting out our decorations I was loving all the memories associated with each one. I remembered our dear friends in Wales who hosted us two years ago as I looked at the little ceramic fireplace and stockings, and my sister who gave me my first and favorite nativity, and Noni who carved a little rocking horse ornament for T last year. My parents gave us our beautiful tree, and all the bobble ornaments are from some crazy dollar store in the Bronx! I got a big smile on my face over the "our first Christmas" ornament that showcases a very pregnant newlywed, and Talmage was so excited to wear the Santa hats from Auntie Lynn. Everything I saw made me think of someone, or something. I've been feeling a little sentimental lately and this just added to those feelings. I'm just grateful for everyone who has touched my life and helped our family. This is going to be a great Christmas. I just know it.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • On days like today you ought to tell someone.
    The free public pop-up pool in Brooklyn was our destination this morning. We swam and played in the sand box while looking at the gorgeous c...
  • A few thoughts about who I want to be
    So...durp durp. I was pushing two screaming babes down 70th this morning thinking that maybe I should post on this blog and so I kept asking...
  • Recovering from our DC "Vacation"
    James had to take a business trip to Washington DC so we decided that the family would tag along and make a vacation of it. Haha, a vacation...
  • Botanical Garden Trains
    For years I have heard the greatest reviews of the Bronx Botanical Garden's Holiday Train Show, but tickets are a little bit outrageous ...
  • The Met: by day and by night
    We had a morning playgroup at the Met last week. We were not admitted to story time (actually, half of us were kicked out early while the ot...
  • The Cheeseburger and His Brother
    This is the cheeseburger: And this is his brother: The cheeseburger is obviously in a silly-smile stage. He cannot smile without saying chee...
  • Our Places
    Our House: Our Park (right across the street):  Our Fish: His Spaceship (AKA the closet, where he sleeps, normal right?):  His Shiner, cour...
  • Our Easter
    Hope your Easter was as relaxing, fulfilling and wonderful as ours. Sunday was spent as a family of four--eating yummy food, getting in new ...
  • The Sometimes Supermom
    I'll admit, sometimes I think I'm pretty awesome, and it happens in the most random of occasions. I'll be doing the mundane and ...
  • On being his Mary
    It was far too cold to be outside, but they were far too crazy to keep indoors. Talmage was singing the "I'm a gummy bear" son...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2015 (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2014 (103)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2013 (146)
    • ►  December (19)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (13)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (17)
    • ►  March (21)
    • ►  February (12)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2012 (189)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (15)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (26)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (21)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ▼  2011 (56)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ▼  November (15)
      • Decking the Halls
      • Family Pictures 2011
      • Thanksgiving Photo-dump!
      • Mr. Sicky
      • the BIG game: a double date
      • Swingin'
      • Next week is what?
      • T is Thankful
      • The Walking Box and a Dance Party
      • Ev is cute.
      • Mommy, Wow! I'm a big kid now.
      • 11/11/11 @ 11:11
      • Shots
      • A shower for Care
      • Trunkin', Trickin' & Pumpkins
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

paritory
View my complete profile