Westwood Farmers Market & Rocket Fizz - Little Wigs in the ...

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, August 19, 2013

Let's Go Fly a Kite

Posted on 5:19 PM by paritory
On Saturday we walked to Pier 1 on the Hudson River to fly kites and have fun. Riverside Park was holding a special kite-making and kite-flying event and we were flying high at the opportunity to attend.


We got there at just the right time because the sky was already filled with beautiful homemade kites. Once we saw all the kids flying their work, we really got excited.


The boys (all 3 of them) colored the kites and they looked fabulous. Evie had a huge E on his kite (with stars, moons and suns to decorate) and T had a huge T on his kite (with a boat to decorate it).


While Daddy waited in line to get the tails for our kites, the boys and I enjoyed the awesome entertainment. Or should I say, Evie and I enjoyed the entertainment. While we were dancing to the beat of these fabulous drums, Talmage was in the stroller with his hands over his ears saying, "I don't like it. It's too loud!"

And then we flew our kites!
 
And flew them. And flew them. And flew them.

Until Ever let go of his string and his kite fell in the Hudson. He mostly thought it was awesome that his kite was now a boat...phew!

Talmage kept a firm grasp on his kite, and boy did it get high. What a fun day in Riverside park.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • On days like today you ought to tell someone.
    The free public pop-up pool in Brooklyn was our destination this morning. We swam and played in the sand box while looking at the gorgeous c...
  • A few thoughts about who I want to be
    So...durp durp. I was pushing two screaming babes down 70th this morning thinking that maybe I should post on this blog and so I kept asking...
  • Recovering from our DC "Vacation"
    James had to take a business trip to Washington DC so we decided that the family would tag along and make a vacation of it. Haha, a vacation...
  • Botanical Garden Trains
    For years I have heard the greatest reviews of the Bronx Botanical Garden's Holiday Train Show, but tickets are a little bit outrageous ...
  • The Met: by day and by night
    We had a morning playgroup at the Met last week. We were not admitted to story time (actually, half of us were kicked out early while the ot...
  • The Cheeseburger and His Brother
    This is the cheeseburger: And this is his brother: The cheeseburger is obviously in a silly-smile stage. He cannot smile without saying chee...
  • Our Places
    Our House: Our Park (right across the street):  Our Fish: His Spaceship (AKA the closet, where he sleeps, normal right?):  His Shiner, cour...
  • Our Easter
    Hope your Easter was as relaxing, fulfilling and wonderful as ours. Sunday was spent as a family of four--eating yummy food, getting in new ...
  • The Sometimes Supermom
    I'll admit, sometimes I think I'm pretty awesome, and it happens in the most random of occasions. I'll be doing the mundane and ...
  • On being his Mary
    It was far too cold to be outside, but they were far too crazy to keep indoors. Talmage was singing the "I'm a gummy bear" son...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2015 (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2014 (103)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2013 (146)
    • ►  December (19)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (13)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ▼  August (19)
      • That's deep bro.
      • A little bit of randomness...
      • It was waffle day, you know
      • Blowing bubbles on a Brownstone
      • The Heart of a Whale
      • Our afternoon in Central Park
      • Rice to Riches
      • A Clerk
      • Peaches
      • Let's Go Fly a Kite
      • White Collar--Celeb Sighting
      • Start Spreading the News...
      • Saying Goodbye
      • Some More Summer Stuff
      • S'Mores
      • McKee Family Fun
      • TEvie in Tahoe
      • Seeing Brennan
      • He's 2. It's Terrible ;)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (17)
    • ►  March (21)
    • ►  February (12)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2012 (189)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (15)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (26)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (21)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (56)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

paritory
View my complete profile