Westwood Farmers Market & Rocket Fizz - Little Wigs in the ...

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, December 27, 2013

Macy's Santaland

Posted on 7:29 AM by paritory
That sign in Macy's just made me laugh because if seeing Santa was ever a HUGE production, it was at Macy's. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, ah contraire, Santaland is magnificent and magical and totally over-the-top amazing, but compared to all of the other Santa's we've seen it was definitely a production.    
 
The lines are long, especially if you're like us and go the Saturday before Christmas (but show up about an hour later than expected because everyone is just a little bit grumpy that morning). But even a long line doesn't take that long. We waited for 45 minutes, which in NYC is like a piece of chocolate cheesecake.

Being here brought back a sleigh full of memories. While waiting in line I told the boys all about the last time I brought them here--Talmage was not yet two, Everett was still in my tummy and I was so morning sick we barely made it. I have a picture of Talmage in front of that sign from our last visit, wow he's gotten HUGE, huh?

We purposely went on a Saturday so James could enjoy the magic with us. We're always glad when Daddy can come along for a city adventure.

So, with every other Santa Talmage had said that he would be happy with whatever he was given. Cute, right? Well, starting with the Plaza Santa and continuing to the Macy's Santa he decided what he wanted...and he was not backing down. What does he want Santa to bring him more than anything else? A jack-in-the-box. Right... Good thing that the Macy's Santa lives in Macy's...which btw has almost every toy in the universe ;)

Thanks Macy's for another fun year at Santaland! And that now officially completes our Santa tour!
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • On days like today you ought to tell someone.
    The free public pop-up pool in Brooklyn was our destination this morning. We swam and played in the sand box while looking at the gorgeous c...
  • A few thoughts about who I want to be
    So...durp durp. I was pushing two screaming babes down 70th this morning thinking that maybe I should post on this blog and so I kept asking...
  • Recovering from our DC "Vacation"
    James had to take a business trip to Washington DC so we decided that the family would tag along and make a vacation of it. Haha, a vacation...
  • Botanical Garden Trains
    For years I have heard the greatest reviews of the Bronx Botanical Garden's Holiday Train Show, but tickets are a little bit outrageous ...
  • The Met: by day and by night
    We had a morning playgroup at the Met last week. We were not admitted to story time (actually, half of us were kicked out early while the ot...
  • The Cheeseburger and His Brother
    This is the cheeseburger: And this is his brother: The cheeseburger is obviously in a silly-smile stage. He cannot smile without saying chee...
  • Our Places
    Our House: Our Park (right across the street):  Our Fish: His Spaceship (AKA the closet, where he sleeps, normal right?):  His Shiner, cour...
  • Our Easter
    Hope your Easter was as relaxing, fulfilling and wonderful as ours. Sunday was spent as a family of four--eating yummy food, getting in new ...
  • The Sometimes Supermom
    I'll admit, sometimes I think I'm pretty awesome, and it happens in the most random of occasions. I'll be doing the mundane and ...
  • On being his Mary
    It was far too cold to be outside, but they were far too crazy to keep indoors. Talmage was singing the "I'm a gummy bear" son...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2015 (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2014 (103)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2013 (146)
    • ▼  December (19)
      • On being his Mary
      • Our Christmas
      • Gingerbread
      • I'm raising Peanuts
      • Macy's Santaland
      • Chelsea Market and the Plaza's Santa
      • Just pretend it has a stamp on it!
      • 'Twas the Sunday before Christmas
      • The weather outside is certainly frightful.
      • His bomber hat
      • Botanical Garden Trains
      • We like to party. We like, we like to party.
      • T on ice, and a long walk home
      • It's been J week around here
      • Seeing Santa--ABC Carpet Store
      • They bleed blue
      • It's beginning to look a lot like...
      • Sayville
      • A Delightfully Wiggy Thanksgiving
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (13)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (17)
    • ►  March (21)
    • ►  February (12)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2012 (189)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (15)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (26)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (21)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (56)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

paritory
View my complete profile