Westwood Farmers Market & Rocket Fizz - Little Wigs in the ...

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A little Father-Son Action

Posted on 6:50 AM by paritory
Our church hosted a Father-Son Campout this last weekend and all three of my boys were beyond thrilled to spend some time in nature. I was thrilled at the thought of a pedicure and sleeping in, but I've got to admit that a quiet home was only awesome for about two seconds and then I missed my boys terribly. But this isn't about me, this is about them, and boy did they have a BLAST!!! They went to a campground in New Jersey and since being back I have heard T say at least a million times, "That was my first time ever sleeping in New Jersey. I just still can't believe I did that!"

We are a little low on camping gear (ie--we got nothin!) but luckily some friends had an extra tent and sleeping bag so we were set. T and Ever were so excited to sleep in a tent that they wanted to go to bed almost immediately. Luckily, James kept them up for the fireside festivities...but not much longer! Not that they went to sleep right away. I got a phone call from a sleepy, crying Ev a little before 11 pm saying, "Mommy, I want you here. I don't want you to be wif da gills. I just love you foweva." I assured him that I loved him forever also and that Daddy would keep him safe in their tent! Gosh, that little one sure knows how to get to me.

The report from the boys was that they roasted hot dogs, marshmallows and starbursts, and ate lots of cheetos and reese's.  Supposedly they didn't have much patience with roasting because they were so dang excited, but luckily they were OK with slightly cold hot dogs. And by OK, I mean they gobbled those puppies in two seconds flat!

A blurry but a goodie of T roasting a mallow!

My heart melts a little when I think about how these little boys are mine and their Daddy is awesome enough to take them camping. Good men-folk in my life I tell ya. I love that they had so much fun. I just love them.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • On days like today you ought to tell someone.
    The free public pop-up pool in Brooklyn was our destination this morning. We swam and played in the sand box while looking at the gorgeous c...
  • A few thoughts about who I want to be
    So...durp durp. I was pushing two screaming babes down 70th this morning thinking that maybe I should post on this blog and so I kept asking...
  • Recovering from our DC "Vacation"
    James had to take a business trip to Washington DC so we decided that the family would tag along and make a vacation of it. Haha, a vacation...
  • Botanical Garden Trains
    For years I have heard the greatest reviews of the Bronx Botanical Garden's Holiday Train Show, but tickets are a little bit outrageous ...
  • The Met: by day and by night
    We had a morning playgroup at the Met last week. We were not admitted to story time (actually, half of us were kicked out early while the ot...
  • The Cheeseburger and His Brother
    This is the cheeseburger: And this is his brother: The cheeseburger is obviously in a silly-smile stage. He cannot smile without saying chee...
  • Our Places
    Our House: Our Park (right across the street):  Our Fish: His Spaceship (AKA the closet, where he sleeps, normal right?):  His Shiner, cour...
  • Our Easter
    Hope your Easter was as relaxing, fulfilling and wonderful as ours. Sunday was spent as a family of four--eating yummy food, getting in new ...
  • The Sometimes Supermom
    I'll admit, sometimes I think I'm pretty awesome, and it happens in the most random of occasions. I'll be doing the mundane and ...
  • On being his Mary
    It was far too cold to be outside, but they were far too crazy to keep indoors. Talmage was singing the "I'm a gummy bear" son...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2015 (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2014 (103)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ▼  June (12)
      • An Ever Knight Birthday Interview
      • On how and why we went applesauce picking
      • Oh, this picture:
      • My sincere thanks to the Historic Ship Society
      • Shakespeare in the Park
      • 'Cause It's Root, Root, Root for the Yankees
      • Bubbles and Music in Union Square
      • My 3 Wiggy Guys, All Wearing Yellow Ties.
      • My belly.
      • A little Father-Son Action
      • His first graduation
      • Cronuts, Pizza, Cute Kids and a Real Lawyer, in no...
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2013 (146)
    • ►  December (19)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (13)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (17)
    • ►  March (21)
    • ►  February (12)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2012 (189)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (15)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (26)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (21)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (56)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

paritory
View my complete profile