Westwood Farmers Market & Rocket Fizz - Little Wigs in the ...

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, November 8, 2013

Our day downtown

Posted on 7:06 PM by paritory
We went downtown with some other moms (and a million toddlers!) to the 9/11 memorial this last week. It is a lovely tribute to all the people who lost their lives and I'm excited to go back when the museum is open. The memorial is very peaceful, at least when our kids aren't running around playing tag!

We didn't stay on the grounds for long (because remember the tag game?), but instead opted for this park with an amazing view of the Freedom Tower. Gosh, the view...

When everyone else headed home, I decided to take my boys to an art exhibit that I knew they'd love--CANstruction! All of the art pieces were made out of canned food, which will eventually be donated to the New York food bank. It was incredible. Some of our favorite:

Up!
 
Fairytale castle.
 
Ev said: Is fooky! (It's spooky!)

Superman.
 
Some more minions.
 
And since we were already in the neighborhood, we decided to stop by and see this guy. That was definitely the highlight of my day.
 
We ended our adventure with Everett dancing to these awesome musicians in the park while Talmage climbed a light post.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • On days like today you ought to tell someone.
    The free public pop-up pool in Brooklyn was our destination this morning. We swam and played in the sand box while looking at the gorgeous c...
  • A few thoughts about who I want to be
    So...durp durp. I was pushing two screaming babes down 70th this morning thinking that maybe I should post on this blog and so I kept asking...
  • Recovering from our DC "Vacation"
    James had to take a business trip to Washington DC so we decided that the family would tag along and make a vacation of it. Haha, a vacation...
  • Botanical Garden Trains
    For years I have heard the greatest reviews of the Bronx Botanical Garden's Holiday Train Show, but tickets are a little bit outrageous ...
  • The Met: by day and by night
    We had a morning playgroup at the Met last week. We were not admitted to story time (actually, half of us were kicked out early while the ot...
  • The Cheeseburger and His Brother
    This is the cheeseburger: And this is his brother: The cheeseburger is obviously in a silly-smile stage. He cannot smile without saying chee...
  • Our Places
    Our House: Our Park (right across the street):  Our Fish: His Spaceship (AKA the closet, where he sleeps, normal right?):  His Shiner, cour...
  • Our Easter
    Hope your Easter was as relaxing, fulfilling and wonderful as ours. Sunday was spent as a family of four--eating yummy food, getting in new ...
  • The Sometimes Supermom
    I'll admit, sometimes I think I'm pretty awesome, and it happens in the most random of occasions. I'll be doing the mundane and ...
  • On being his Mary
    It was far too cold to be outside, but they were far too crazy to keep indoors. Talmage was singing the "I'm a gummy bear" son...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2015 (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2014 (103)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2013 (146)
    • ►  December (19)
    • ▼  November (12)
      • A Chocolate Celebration
      • Grand Central Train Show
      • My fruit stand
      • the most beautiful of fall days
      • he bakes
      • 5 Pointz
      • You know, Lady Gaga at Midnight
      • They went to Chicago
      • Just a few things
      • Our day downtown
      • It was magic.
      • Store to Store
    • ►  October (13)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (17)
    • ►  March (21)
    • ►  February (12)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2012 (189)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (15)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (26)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (21)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (56)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

paritory
View my complete profile