Westwood Farmers Market & Rocket Fizz - Little Wigs in the ...

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

It was waffle day, you know

Posted on 5:34 AM by paritory
I hope everyone knew that it was National Waffle Day on Saturday. Did you know? I really hope you celebrated hard core. I'm all about holidays, and make it a holiday surrounding food and I'm the biggest ever fan! So naturally our Waffle Day was amazing. {During T's good night prayers he thanked Heavenly Father for letting it be "International Waffle Day"--yep, it was that good!}
 
Mostly it was fabulous because the food truck Wafels and Dinges was giving away free liege waffles with a topping in exchange for homemade waffle art. Free food was at stake, and not just any free food: free Wafels and Dinges waffles, so the Wiggy's spent Friday night digging through art supplies and creating delicious masterpieces. Holy Hannah I cannot tell you how worth it that was. Yum.  
 
The boys and their waffle art. I don't want to brag or anything, but the person working at the counter said he thought my 3D waffle might win the art contest because it was so awesome. I'm guessing it didn't because I haven't heard from them yet, but I'm gluing my phone to my hip just in case ;)

Okay, seriously? It almost hurts to remember how amazing these were! The boys both had whip cream on theirs, I had nutella and James had speculoos spread. They were all to die for.

Thank you Wafels and Dinges for helping us celebrate National Waffle Day in the awesomest possible way!

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • On days like today you ought to tell someone.
    The free public pop-up pool in Brooklyn was our destination this morning. We swam and played in the sand box while looking at the gorgeous c...
  • A few thoughts about who I want to be
    So...durp durp. I was pushing two screaming babes down 70th this morning thinking that maybe I should post on this blog and so I kept asking...
  • Recovering from our DC "Vacation"
    James had to take a business trip to Washington DC so we decided that the family would tag along and make a vacation of it. Haha, a vacation...
  • Botanical Garden Trains
    For years I have heard the greatest reviews of the Bronx Botanical Garden's Holiday Train Show, but tickets are a little bit outrageous ...
  • The Met: by day and by night
    We had a morning playgroup at the Met last week. We were not admitted to story time (actually, half of us were kicked out early while the ot...
  • The Cheeseburger and His Brother
    This is the cheeseburger: And this is his brother: The cheeseburger is obviously in a silly-smile stage. He cannot smile without saying chee...
  • Our Places
    Our House: Our Park (right across the street):  Our Fish: His Spaceship (AKA the closet, where he sleeps, normal right?):  His Shiner, cour...
  • Our Easter
    Hope your Easter was as relaxing, fulfilling and wonderful as ours. Sunday was spent as a family of four--eating yummy food, getting in new ...
  • The Sometimes Supermom
    I'll admit, sometimes I think I'm pretty awesome, and it happens in the most random of occasions. I'll be doing the mundane and ...
  • On being his Mary
    It was far too cold to be outside, but they were far too crazy to keep indoors. Talmage was singing the "I'm a gummy bear" son...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2015 (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2014 (103)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2013 (146)
    • ►  December (19)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (13)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ▼  August (19)
      • That's deep bro.
      • A little bit of randomness...
      • It was waffle day, you know
      • Blowing bubbles on a Brownstone
      • The Heart of a Whale
      • Our afternoon in Central Park
      • Rice to Riches
      • A Clerk
      • Peaches
      • Let's Go Fly a Kite
      • White Collar--Celeb Sighting
      • Start Spreading the News...
      • Saying Goodbye
      • Some More Summer Stuff
      • S'Mores
      • McKee Family Fun
      • TEvie in Tahoe
      • Seeing Brennan
      • He's 2. It's Terrible ;)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (17)
    • ►  March (21)
    • ►  February (12)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2012 (189)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (15)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (26)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (21)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (56)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

paritory
View my complete profile