Westwood Farmers Market & Rocket Fizz - Little Wigs in the ...

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Earth Day in Brooklyn

Posted on 6:46 PM by paritory
Today is Earth Day so we decided to spend the whole darn thing outside. We stopped downtown and had a little snack with Dad and then took the 4 train to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden. Flowers, flowers everywhere and Tuesday's are free to boot. But that rule banning all food from the premises, I don't get it. I see a big field of grass surrounded by cherry blossoms and my stomach immediately starts to grumble...but take my word for it for I saw them chew out a Chinese family who I dare say didn't speak a lick of English, don't mess with the BBG Security team.


It was such a beautiful day and the park is gorgeous, but boys and flowers are only friends for approximately five minutes (ok, more like 30) so we left out the back door in search for the Prospect Park Zoo. Oh, but before we left the boys entertained themselves by playing the sweetest game of hide-and-seek you ever have seen. Every time Ever was the "Counter" T hid behind the same skinny tree and Ever just couldn't find him as hard as he tried, time after time after time. And then when T counted, Ever would plop himself in the middle of the field and hide just like an Easter egg. T would laugh and be so frustrated in the same breath and say, "No Everett...that's not how you hide. I can't even find you because I open my eyes and I'm just seeing you!"

The zoo was small and perfect for a few hours of fun. Anytime Talmage can get his fingers in a goat's mouth he's game, and Everett was pretty content with pretending he was a turtle and skipping over lily pads. We also watched some of the most active sea lions I have ever seen. It was such a beautiful way to spend Earth day. Hopefully the rest of the Spring, all Summer and at least half of next Fall are equally as warm and celebratory!
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • On days like today you ought to tell someone.
    The free public pop-up pool in Brooklyn was our destination this morning. We swam and played in the sand box while looking at the gorgeous c...
  • A few thoughts about who I want to be
    So...durp durp. I was pushing two screaming babes down 70th this morning thinking that maybe I should post on this blog and so I kept asking...
  • Recovering from our DC "Vacation"
    James had to take a business trip to Washington DC so we decided that the family would tag along and make a vacation of it. Haha, a vacation...
  • Botanical Garden Trains
    For years I have heard the greatest reviews of the Bronx Botanical Garden's Holiday Train Show, but tickets are a little bit outrageous ...
  • The Met: by day and by night
    We had a morning playgroup at the Met last week. We were not admitted to story time (actually, half of us were kicked out early while the ot...
  • The Cheeseburger and His Brother
    This is the cheeseburger: And this is his brother: The cheeseburger is obviously in a silly-smile stage. He cannot smile without saying chee...
  • Our Places
    Our House: Our Park (right across the street):  Our Fish: His Spaceship (AKA the closet, where he sleeps, normal right?):  His Shiner, cour...
  • Our Easter
    Hope your Easter was as relaxing, fulfilling and wonderful as ours. Sunday was spent as a family of four--eating yummy food, getting in new ...
  • The Sometimes Supermom
    I'll admit, sometimes I think I'm pretty awesome, and it happens in the most random of occasions. I'll be doing the mundane and ...
  • On being his Mary
    It was far too cold to be outside, but they were far too crazy to keep indoors. Talmage was singing the "I'm a gummy bear" son...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2015 (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2014 (103)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ▼  April (7)
      • We Eastered
      • My thoughts on six years
      • Earth Day in Brooklyn
      • Our Main Man's Birthday
      • Daffodils and Sloppy Sloppy Joes
      • A Pickle and Pepper Jack Ketchup Post
      • Mr. T and the little Miss
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2013 (146)
    • ►  December (19)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (13)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (17)
    • ►  March (21)
    • ►  February (12)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2012 (189)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (15)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (26)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (21)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (56)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

paritory
View my complete profile