Westwood Farmers Market & Rocket Fizz - Little Wigs in the ...

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, May 17, 2014

A little Ever pocket story

Posted on 6:36 AM by paritory

Putting on pants is quite the undertaking, I've learned through raising a toddler Ever Knight.  The problem is in the pockets, he informed me this morning. You see, Ever is quite independent lately and underwear is exclusively his thing. But that kid, he's notorious for having his undies on backwards. I must admit, seeing his cute little buns in backward undies is enough to make me never teach him, but after a few comments lately from friends and nursery leaders I decided it was time. It is time! So for the last few days I've reminded him (a gatrillion times) that the pocket goes in the front, but it seems that's easier said than done for good ole Everett Knight. He'd put those undies on after a trip to the Lou and then we'd spend the next 30 minutes re-putting them on, as if re-putting is even a word ;) This has gone on for days, with seemingly little progress, until this morning when he came out to show me "dat I'm weawy big now" because shoot darn heck those undies were on just right. We cheered and danced and made a pretty big deal out of this new achievement. Feeling like a pretty big deal himself after all that encouragement, Ever decided he'd try his hand at putting his shorts on. He came out from his room with those little britches on as backwards as can be and I couldn't help but laugh. "But mom," he said, clearly exasperated, "I put da pockets in da fwunt." And that he did. So then I had to explain to him that underwear pockets go in the front, but pant pockets go on his behind. He just shook his head, took off those shorts, and decided that wearing anything more than undies is pretty overrated anyway. This getting dressed business is trick-y!
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • On days like today you ought to tell someone.
    The free public pop-up pool in Brooklyn was our destination this morning. We swam and played in the sand box while looking at the gorgeous c...
  • A few thoughts about who I want to be
    So...durp durp. I was pushing two screaming babes down 70th this morning thinking that maybe I should post on this blog and so I kept asking...
  • Recovering from our DC "Vacation"
    James had to take a business trip to Washington DC so we decided that the family would tag along and make a vacation of it. Haha, a vacation...
  • Botanical Garden Trains
    For years I have heard the greatest reviews of the Bronx Botanical Garden's Holiday Train Show, but tickets are a little bit outrageous ...
  • The Met: by day and by night
    We had a morning playgroup at the Met last week. We were not admitted to story time (actually, half of us were kicked out early while the ot...
  • The Cheeseburger and His Brother
    This is the cheeseburger: And this is his brother: The cheeseburger is obviously in a silly-smile stage. He cannot smile without saying chee...
  • Our Places
    Our House: Our Park (right across the street):  Our Fish: His Spaceship (AKA the closet, where he sleeps, normal right?):  His Shiner, cour...
  • Our Easter
    Hope your Easter was as relaxing, fulfilling and wonderful as ours. Sunday was spent as a family of four--eating yummy food, getting in new ...
  • The Sometimes Supermom
    I'll admit, sometimes I think I'm pretty awesome, and it happens in the most random of occasions. I'll be doing the mundane and ...
  • On being his Mary
    It was far too cold to be outside, but they were far too crazy to keep indoors. Talmage was singing the "I'm a gummy bear" son...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2015 (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2014 (103)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ▼  May (9)
      • registered
      • Memorial Day
      • Fleet Week and Jones Beach Airshow
      • Uncle Chase hits the Big Apple
      • My little yogi
      • A little Ever pocket story
      • it's my birthday too, yah!
      • May
      • The internet thinks I should move.
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2013 (146)
    • ►  December (19)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (13)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (17)
    • ►  March (21)
    • ►  February (12)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2012 (189)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (15)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (26)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (21)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (56)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

paritory
View my complete profile