Westwood Farmers Market & Rocket Fizz - Little Wigs in the ...

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, April 19, 2013

His Birthday

Posted on 2:17 PM by paritory
April 13th was Jim's 27th birthday! Since I'm a year older than him, the rule is that he's never allowed to complain about his age--although I did hear a few grumps about how old he's getting! I just can't believe what a baby he is. Seriously, he's made really good use of those 27 years!!! We started the day with donuts from a local bakery he's wanted to try.

Evie and I had spent the night at the ER, so we were all moving pretty slow in the morning (Everett slept until 9). While he was asleep, Talmage and I went back and forth listing all the things we love about Daddy. It was adorable and so fun! (My favorite answers from T were that he loves that Daddy makes him breakfast in the morning and that he loves how Daddy loves his eyebrows!)

We were lucky to have Papa and GG still visiting for Jim's birthday. Everett loved to sit on GG's lap and read stories, and I thought it was hilarious that Evie's head is double the size of his Grandma's! Our sweet little bobble-head ;)

That morning Talmage was able to attend a soccer camp taught by the Stanford Women's soccer team. It was so fun to watch T and his friends run around and play.
 
Talmage and Franklin were wearing matching shirts from another soccer camp they attended. I caught this picture of the two of them playing freeze tag--couldn't be cuter!  
 
This is T's super serious face as he tackles the obstacle course!

After lunch and presents Papa and GG headed back to Sac, the boys napped, Jim did some homework (not even a break for his birthday!) and I headed to Costco to get the cake he's been coveting for years...literally!
 
That evening we had a little BBQ potluck with some of our courtyard friends. Of course the kids thought eating on a blanket in the courtyard was just about the coolest thing ever. We really need to do this potluck thing more often!

Andrew's birthday is a few days after Jim's so we decided to sing to both of them. Luckily they didn't have to do a join candle blow out, the wind took care of it!

 Most of the party-peeps! A few friend's left earlier so aren't in the pics...we wish they were!

 As if the day wasn't full and fun enough, we got the boys in jammies and caught the BYU vs. Stanford volleyball game. BYU won, and we were pleased (albeit conflicted). Happy birthday James! We love you!
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • On days like today you ought to tell someone.
    The free public pop-up pool in Brooklyn was our destination this morning. We swam and played in the sand box while looking at the gorgeous c...
  • A few thoughts about who I want to be
    So...durp durp. I was pushing two screaming babes down 70th this morning thinking that maybe I should post on this blog and so I kept asking...
  • Recovering from our DC "Vacation"
    James had to take a business trip to Washington DC so we decided that the family would tag along and make a vacation of it. Haha, a vacation...
  • Botanical Garden Trains
    For years I have heard the greatest reviews of the Bronx Botanical Garden's Holiday Train Show, but tickets are a little bit outrageous ...
  • The Met: by day and by night
    We had a morning playgroup at the Met last week. We were not admitted to story time (actually, half of us were kicked out early while the ot...
  • The Cheeseburger and His Brother
    This is the cheeseburger: And this is his brother: The cheeseburger is obviously in a silly-smile stage. He cannot smile without saying chee...
  • Our Places
    Our House: Our Park (right across the street):  Our Fish: His Spaceship (AKA the closet, where he sleeps, normal right?):  His Shiner, cour...
  • Our Easter
    Hope your Easter was as relaxing, fulfilling and wonderful as ours. Sunday was spent as a family of four--eating yummy food, getting in new ...
  • The Sometimes Supermom
    I'll admit, sometimes I think I'm pretty awesome, and it happens in the most random of occasions. I'll be doing the mundane and ...
  • On being his Mary
    It was far too cold to be outside, but they were far too crazy to keep indoors. Talmage was singing the "I'm a gummy bear" son...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2015 (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2014 (103)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2013 (146)
    • ►  December (19)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (13)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ▼  April (17)
      • Muir Woods
      • Back in Sac
      • It was so undramatic
      • FIVE years
      • Some other April Randoms
      • Riding a Bike
      • San Jose Discovery Museum
      • His Birthday
      • The Hobbling Unicorn
      • Symposium
      • Sunday Stroll
      • Surprise!
      • Recent Fun
      • Swim Lessons
      • MLH Care Bags
      • While Running
      • For Wisdom
    • ►  March (21)
    • ►  February (12)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2012 (189)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (15)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (26)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (21)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (56)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

paritory
View my complete profile