Westwood Farmers Market & Rocket Fizz - Little Wigs in the ...

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, April 22, 2013

Riding a Bike

Posted on 2:34 PM by paritory
We were at Ashley Mae's house and T picked up a little courtyard bullet bike and confidently said, "Hey Mom, I'm gonna ride this two-wheeler."
 
I should have known better than to doubt, this kid can move mountains people. This is the kid who at 2-years-old stood up in the bath and said, "I'm potty-training now," and sure as heck was potty-trained without so much as a reminder from me. Once this kid says he can do something, he can do it. But doubt I did. Albeit silently. Out loud I said, "Great idea T, let's see."
 
And all of a sudden, right before my eyes, my firstborn was riding a real bicycle. I was shocked and elated. There was no need for me to chase him, or help him balance, or do anything for heaven sake. That independent little chap just started riding, and I stood there clapping, cheering, tearing up and making everyone and their brother come watch him roll. And I mean everyone!
 
When we got home he asked his Daddy to take the training wheels off of his big bike and again, confidently rode off into the sunset without so much as a look in my direction (except to see what all my clapping and jumping was about!) My heart would swell everytime he'd round the corner of our courtyard and I could once again hear his "Woo-hoo! Yee-haw! Yessssss!"
 
I took a video of the whole thing (in between taking 500 pictures) and I smile as big as the moon hearing T say, "This is the best thing I've ever done!" You're amazing Talmage Scott. You're amazing! 
 
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • On days like today you ought to tell someone.
    The free public pop-up pool in Brooklyn was our destination this morning. We swam and played in the sand box while looking at the gorgeous c...
  • A few thoughts about who I want to be
    So...durp durp. I was pushing two screaming babes down 70th this morning thinking that maybe I should post on this blog and so I kept asking...
  • Recovering from our DC "Vacation"
    James had to take a business trip to Washington DC so we decided that the family would tag along and make a vacation of it. Haha, a vacation...
  • Botanical Garden Trains
    For years I have heard the greatest reviews of the Bronx Botanical Garden's Holiday Train Show, but tickets are a little bit outrageous ...
  • The Met: by day and by night
    We had a morning playgroup at the Met last week. We were not admitted to story time (actually, half of us were kicked out early while the ot...
  • The Cheeseburger and His Brother
    This is the cheeseburger: And this is his brother: The cheeseburger is obviously in a silly-smile stage. He cannot smile without saying chee...
  • Our Places
    Our House: Our Park (right across the street):  Our Fish: His Spaceship (AKA the closet, where he sleeps, normal right?):  His Shiner, cour...
  • Our Easter
    Hope your Easter was as relaxing, fulfilling and wonderful as ours. Sunday was spent as a family of four--eating yummy food, getting in new ...
  • The Sometimes Supermom
    I'll admit, sometimes I think I'm pretty awesome, and it happens in the most random of occasions. I'll be doing the mundane and ...
  • On being his Mary
    It was far too cold to be outside, but they were far too crazy to keep indoors. Talmage was singing the "I'm a gummy bear" son...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2015 (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2014 (103)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2013 (146)
    • ►  December (19)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (13)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ▼  April (17)
      • Muir Woods
      • Back in Sac
      • It was so undramatic
      • FIVE years
      • Some other April Randoms
      • Riding a Bike
      • San Jose Discovery Museum
      • His Birthday
      • The Hobbling Unicorn
      • Symposium
      • Sunday Stroll
      • Surprise!
      • Recent Fun
      • Swim Lessons
      • MLH Care Bags
      • While Running
      • For Wisdom
    • ►  March (21)
    • ►  February (12)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2012 (189)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (15)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (26)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (21)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (56)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

paritory
View my complete profile