Westwood Farmers Market & Rocket Fizz - Little Wigs in the ...

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Peterson Auto Museum

Posted on 8:51 PM by paritory
If you are ever in LA, and if you or your kids or anyone you know loves cars {or even if they don't}, the Peterson Automotive Museum is a MUST SEE. I had no idea how amazing this place was going to be, but super amazing it was. We ended up staying FOUR hours at this museum with no complaints, whines or grumps out of either boy. It was great and we'll definitely go again. 

 
The top floor is a discovery center just for kids. This is a real race car that the kids can climb into and learn about. The employees and volunteers were some of the nicest people I've ever met. This guy hung around most of the day explaining to T exactly how the cars work, where everything goes, how to repair them, etc.

 There were lots of fun experiments and hands-on activities for the kids.

T on a real police motorcycle {the only motorcycle ride or cop car he'll ever be in if I have anything to do with it!}

 Everett loved watching T and the other boys race their hot wheels and derby cars down the track.

 Evie the Fireman!

Most of our time was spent in the kid zone, but we did make a sweep of the whole museum and every last piece of it was well thought out, well laid out, and incredible. Of course, my favorite were the Hollywood cars--Grease Lightning and the Batmobile.

And T found a whole Lightning McQueen exhibit in the Hollywood section that had him giggling and squealing--literally. That boy loves his Cars!

There was a Johnny Rockets inside the museum so the boys and I had some lunch together...and no, T didn't eat salt for lunch! But he did down at least two of those big lemonades and was so excited about every sip!

The museum was around the corner from The Grove shopping center {where they film Extra} and so we had to check that out since we were so close! It was gorgeous and we loved watching the water show.

The Grove offers free trolley rides around the mall and Talmage was in heaven. Seriously, a car museum, lemonade and a trolley ride all on the same day? I'm pretty sure he didn't think life could get any better.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • On days like today you ought to tell someone.
    The free public pop-up pool in Brooklyn was our destination this morning. We swam and played in the sand box while looking at the gorgeous c...
  • A few thoughts about who I want to be
    So...durp durp. I was pushing two screaming babes down 70th this morning thinking that maybe I should post on this blog and so I kept asking...
  • Recovering from our DC "Vacation"
    James had to take a business trip to Washington DC so we decided that the family would tag along and make a vacation of it. Haha, a vacation...
  • Botanical Garden Trains
    For years I have heard the greatest reviews of the Bronx Botanical Garden's Holiday Train Show, but tickets are a little bit outrageous ...
  • The Met: by day and by night
    We had a morning playgroup at the Met last week. We were not admitted to story time (actually, half of us were kicked out early while the ot...
  • The Cheeseburger and His Brother
    This is the cheeseburger: And this is his brother: The cheeseburger is obviously in a silly-smile stage. He cannot smile without saying chee...
  • Our Places
    Our House: Our Park (right across the street):  Our Fish: His Spaceship (AKA the closet, where he sleeps, normal right?):  His Shiner, cour...
  • Our Easter
    Hope your Easter was as relaxing, fulfilling and wonderful as ours. Sunday was spent as a family of four--eating yummy food, getting in new ...
  • The Sometimes Supermom
    I'll admit, sometimes I think I'm pretty awesome, and it happens in the most random of occasions. I'll be doing the mundane and ...
  • On being his Mary
    It was far too cold to be outside, but they were far too crazy to keep indoors. Talmage was singing the "I'm a gummy bear" son...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2015 (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2014 (103)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2013 (146)
    • ►  December (19)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (13)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (17)
    • ►  March (21)
    • ►  February (12)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ▼  2012 (189)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (15)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ▼  June (26)
      • ONE looks good on you!
      • Tomorrow's the big ONE
      • Peterson Auto Museum
      • Nothing like a sleeping baby, or two...
      • Celebsightings
      • Standing
      • Some Parties and One Heck of a Burger
      • So basically, my dad rocks.
      • Venice
      • Diddy Riese
      • Westwood Farmers Market & Rocket Fizz
      • Santa Monica
      • Our Places
      • Daddy's Day
      • Furniture, or Lack Thereof
      • The Reason Why We're Here
      • I Love to See the Temple
      • Bakersfield.
      • The Heart Walk
      • Our last day carnival
      • Um, I kind of forgot to tell you that we were moving
      • These pictures make me smile
      • Evie's First Ride
      • National Doughnut Day
      • My favorite face
      • The thing about hiking...
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (14)
    • ►  February (21)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2011 (56)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

paritory
View my complete profile